In my series for Master Cleanser
- The Master Cleanser Or Lemonade Diet – Detoxify Your Body
- Master Cleanser – FAQ
Update May 2009: Around 6 weeks ago I did the Master Cleanser again, this time for 14 days. You can read here, how it was. Also I put 40 FAQs together, all asked by readers of this post and of the same post on my German blog. So you don’t have to read all comments to find your answer. Although, it is a great motivation to read all comments and makes you strong. Good luck!
Two weeks ago I did the Master Cleanser to detoxify my body. I didn’t feel very well, tired, burned out, problems with my knees and also had a little bit overweight. I just didn’t feel healthy anymore.
I’m normally not the guy who is doing any diet. Only sport is the real thing. But the master cleanser is different. It’s not about losing weight. It’s about cleaning your body and flush down all the waste which is in your kidneys, digestive system, joints, muscles, cells and blood.
Since I had a knee injury for a while now, I wasn’t able to do sport to lose weight and get in shape again. But I also thought maybe this will help me to get rid off the inflammation I have in my knee. Since it’s cleaning out the joints and muscles with all the toxic in it.
The diet is pretty easy. You just drink lemon juice, nothing else, no food! And you don’t have to count any calories. It is a little bit radical you would think, but try it out and you see it’s not.
You can decide how long you would like to do this diet. 2 days, 3 days, 10 days or up to 40 days.
I did it 9 days and here is what exactly you have to do:
The night before you start drink a laxative herb tea, for example Smooth Move. That helps you along with the diet. On your first day you are drinking the tea again in the morning. After that you can start drinking a glass of Lemon juice. Which contains:
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (only Grade B and not maple flavored sugar syrup)
- Just a little tiny bit of cayenne pepper, but really a bit!
- Water, hot or cold, whatever you like, spring or purified water.
You can drink as many glasses of the lemon juice as you want. Especially when you get hungry. You can also drink purified or spring water, no limits.
At the end of the day drink again a laxative tea.
That’s about it. You should drink every morning and evening one cup of the laxative tea and the lemons juice as much as you want.
If you want you can drink also 16 onces of warm water with sea salt once a week or more. It supports your digestion quite a bit. Better you do it at the weekend since you have to go to the bathroom quite often then.
The first 2 or 3 days it’s pretty hard not to eat anything. But you get used to it after some days. You get all necessary vitamins with your lemon juice. The mix of lemon juice, maple syrup (Grade B), cayenne pepper and water gives your body all what you need.
I didn’t really feel weak while I was doing the diet. Not tired or exhausted. Everything was the same, you could even do your routine workout if you have one.
How to come off the diet is very important
It depends on how long you are doing this diet, but you shouldn’t just start to eat the usual things you ate before. Hamburger, Steak, Chicken fried and so on.
- First Day: After your diet you should drink the whole day fresh squeezed orange juice and water. It’s delicious, especially if you had only lemon juice for a while. But drink it slowly
- Second Day: Start with orange juice again. Late afternoon prepare a fresh vegetable soup. Not from a can, a soup with real fresh vegetables in it.
There are so many delicious vegetable soup recipes on the internet or in the Master Cleanser book.Eat the soup in the evening, mostly the broth, but you can have some of the vegetables.
- Third Day: Start with orange juice again. At lunch have some soup from yesterday or a fresh made vegetable soup. At the evening get what you want in kind of salad, vegetables or fruit. But nor meat, fish, eggs, bread, coffee, milk and so on.
- Fourth Day: You can start normal eating, but try to drink orange juice and stay with salad, fruits, vegetables and soup.
Please follow the steps after the diet or you might feel sick if you eat a fat greasy steak immediately after your diet
For Vegetarian the after diet phase is a little bit different:
- First and Second Day:, just drink fresh squeezed orange juice and water.
- Third day: Orange juice in the morning, raw fruit at lunch and fruits or raw vegetable salad for dinner.
- Fourth day: You can eat what you desire
What was the outcome for me?
I feel much better, lighter, fresh, lost 20 pounds in 9 days and my apatite for healthy food like salad, vegetables, fruit and soup grew a lot. I still like pasta, meat and everything else, but sometimes I really feel like to have a soup instead of a burger. It’s weird, but I don’t mind
My inflammation in my knee is still there, but remarkable better than before.
Would I do it again?
Yes, definitely, I didn’t feel weak or something the whole time. After 2 days I got used to it not to eat. The only thing I didn’t like was to drink all the time lemon juice. At the end I got a little bit sick of it and I was so happy to drink orange juice. But you can drink a lot water while you on the diet. Consider the lemon juice as liquid food.
If you want more information about the Master Cleanser I recommend to buy the book on Amazon.com, it’s only about $6.
It would be great if you tell me about your experience with a diet or maybe about this one. If you have more question, just write a comment and I will try to help you.
Popularity: 69% [?]Tags: detoxicate, diet, laxative tea, lemon, maple syrup, master cleanser