In my series for 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge
- Joining The Challenge Of 31 Days To Build A Better Blog At Problogger.net! U2?
- What’s your Elevator Pitch?
- 9 Advantages Travelling Offline With Your Notebook!
- Continuing 31 Day challenge to Build a Better Blog
- Popular Websites And Their First Year Roundup!
- 6 Helpful Tips To Build A Better Blog!
- 7 Insightful Tips To Improve And Raise The Quality And Readership Of Your Blog
Luckily I just had one in the pipes, looks like I was faster than him.
Alrighty here is the actual topic I like to talk about:
Because of my job I travel quite a lot, meetings, visiting clients or I have some private trips. First I thought I should get an UMTS card to be online with my notebook all the time and i would be able to continue to work.
Great idea I thought, but until now I didn’t get an UMTS card and probably won’t ever. After several trips by train, I realized, it’s not bad at all, to work on your notebook offline. Why? You ask. Here are some points I listed, what you can do offline what you probably never do when you are online because you just don’t have the time for it. You are welcome to add some points, you can think of:
- Response to emails which are really overdue
- Cleanup your inbox
- Read long posts, you never have the time to, when you online. Use Read it Later to read posts offline
- Revalueate projects and ToDo lists
- Writing posts offline, nobody can disturb you and no distraction via messenger or emails
- Read feeds with Google Gears offline
- Organize files and delete old files on your notebook
- Read ebooks or watch video tutorials
- Just relax!
- …. now it’s your turn!
You see, travelling and being offline doesn’t have to mean you are losing time. I can accomplish tasks, I won’t have the time for in my daily schedule. I have to say, riding by train can be really nice and pleasant, if I would be always on time at the train station to catch my train, it would be even more stress-free.
What do you think, what are you doing while travelling, can you add something to the list?
Popularity: 1% [?]Tags: Offline Travel, Train, Unplugged